Department of Education Quality Assurance
The Department of Education Quality Assurance was founded to ensure the successful implementation of the University quality assurance system, reporting to the general public on the quality of education at the University, and providing recommendations for improving the quality assurance system to implement NAU’s strategic goals.
The department consists of the following structural units:
Department of Analytics and Information Management
Head: Andriy Hizun, PhD of Technical Sciences
+38 (044) 406-75-69
Licensing and Accreditation Department
Head: Angela Hai, PhD of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Associate Professor
+38 (044) 406-79-87
Higher Education Quality Monitoring Department
Head: Tetiana Humeniuk, PhD of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor
+38 (044) 406-72-51
Main tasks and functions
- Formation of policies to guarantee quality of University education.
- Organization, coordination, and control of procedures for licensing specialties and accreditation of academic and professional programs for the first (bachelor’s), second (master’s) levels, as well as academic and research programs for the third (educational and research) level.
- Development of methodological materials on the regulation of licensing procedures for specialties and accreditation of academic and professional, as well as educational and research programs.
- Providing information, advisory and methodological support to the University’s educational and research institutes, faculties, departments, territorially separated structural subdivisions, as well as researchers and faculty – in preparation of case materials on passing of licensing procedures for specialties and accreditation of academic and professional, as well as educational and research programs .
- Development and improvement of the system of KPI monitoring of faculty, structural divisions (departments, faculties, educational and scientific institutes), and administrative personnel.
- Development, implementation and improvement of the system of stakeholder feedback and drawing up analytical conclusions and recommendations for enhancing the ongoing processes at the University, based on sociological research.
- Analysis of indicators of higher education quality, educational activity at the University, and development of programs toward NAU’s entry into international ratings of higher educational facilities.
- Development, implementation and guaranteeing of the University policy in the field of academic integrity, formation of understanding and ensuring observance of educational and research ethics by all categories of participants in educational and research processes.
Areas of activity
- development of a strategy to ensure quality of educational activities and higher education;
- organization of the system of quality assurance of educational activities and higher education;
- review of academic programs with a certain frequency and constant monitoring;
- formation of a system of responsibility of all structural units and staff for quality assurance;
- involvement of higher education seekers in quality assurance;
- annual evaluation of applicants for higher education, research and teaching staff, and regular publication of the results of such evaluations on the official website and info stands;
- ensuring professional development of pedagogical, scientific and research-pedagogical staff;
- ensuring availability of resources required for the organization of the educational process, including independent work of students, for each academic program;
- ensuring availability of information systems toward the effective management of the educational process;
- ensuring publicity of information about academic programs, higher education degrees, and qualifications;
- ensuring compliance with academic integrity by staff and students, including setting up and maintaining an effective system for the prevention and detection of academic plagiarism; and
- implementing an effective policy in the field of quality, its monitoring, and review.
03058, Kyiv, Ukraine
1, Liubomyra Huzara ave.,
Building 1, office 325
+38 044 406-77-67